Berks Sinfonietta is a 501(c)(3) chamber orchestra consisting of skilled musicians, including students and professionals, from Greater Reading/Berks County.
Berks Sinfonietta was established in 2014 as a group made up of local musicians, dedicated to exploring the vast repertoire of all periods. One of its distinguishing characteristics is the intergenerational approach, where young professionals, advanced students and gifted amateurs come together to learn from one another and to create performances of unqualified excellence. We also intend to explore various aspects of performance practice, and to build a new audience for classical music through education and outreach.
As an orchestra, we are committed to:
1) Expanding the appreciation for, and promoting the art of classical music in Berks County.
2) Creating an environment for intergenerational mentorship through music making.
3) Creating a new audience for orchestral music in Berks County.
4) Developing an enriching educational experience for performers, students, and audiences.
5) Building community among players, between the orchestra and audience, and through interaction with the community at large.
We'd Love To Hear From You!
Berks Sinfonietta is committed to transparency as an organization. Below are copies of our articles of incorporation, bylaws, IRS letter determining our 501(c)(3) status, and our recent tax returns. For questions or records not listed here, please contact us.